Inspire Young Minds as a Gallery Teacher!
Gallery Teaching Positions
Every two years, the Blanton recruits friendly and engaging volunteers to teach student groups of all ages in our galleries.
We encourage applicants with a variety of backgrounds and skills to apply, including:
- Ability to lead conversations on a variety of themes including social justice and mindfulness.
- Bilingual skills in both Spanish and English to support dual language classrooms.
- Art background not required.
Gallery teachers must:
• Attend initial training sessions on Mondays from 9 AM to 1 PM.
• Complete online training modules.
• Attend occasional two-hour workshops on Mondays throughout the year.
• Be available for teaching assignments between 10 AM and 1 PM on at least one weekday per week (Tuesday – Friday).
• Make a 2-year minimum commitment (1-year contracts available for current UT students).